The results are in from our Whole Foods 5% Day! Jennifer Sparks, Marketing and Community Relations for Whole Foods on Woodruff Road announced "that on Tuesday, January 27, 2009, thanks to the generous support of our shoppers, we raised $2,145 for the community garden project!! This is one of the highest amounts we’ve raised through this program to date in Greenville."
Through the dedicated support of local businesses and individuals, our Community Garden has come closer to reaching our goals of:
· Providing a shared resource in which the community can actively participate.
· Providing an ongoing resource for nutritious produce.
· Engaging the surrounding community in gardening and activities at the garden site.
· Educating the community about urban gardening and the importance of environmental stewardship.
· Developing sustainable partnerships within the community by using the garden as an association.
Also, if you were not able to make it to Whole Foods on January 27, but would still like to support the garden, you may mail your donation to the Greenville Chamber Foundation, 24 Cleveland Street, Greenville, SC 29601 and on the “For” line please note LG Class 35 Garden Project.